How is Your Information Collected
Automated Information Collection
In order to provide the best customer experience possible, we use automated information collection technologies for reporting and analysis purposes. We examine metrics such as how you are shopping on our website, the performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
Cross-Device Identification and Advertising
We may link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. This allows us to deliver more relevant and consistent advertising to you (for example, if you purchase a product on our website using your desktop, we are able to avoid showing you an advertisement on the same product on your tablet. Instead, we may show you an ad on your tablet for complimentary products to the one you just purchased on our website). We also measure the performance of such ads and deliver information on advertising performance to our advertising partners in aggregate form.
Social Media Widgets
Art Outside MD includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram widgets. These features may collect information about you such as your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site. They may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies to accomplish this. Social media features and widgets may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
How is Your Information Used?
Examples of how we use the information we collect include:
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services on our website, or mobile website, or to otherwise serve you
- Connect with you regarding customer service via our customer service center or on social media platforms
- Provide services such as a shopping list
- Administer sweepstakes, surveys, and contests
Our Purposes (including but not limited to marketing)
- Deliver coupons, newsletters, receipt messages, emails, mobile messages, social media notifications
- Provide interactive features of the website such as product reviews, comments and testimonials, send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotion
- Administer promotions, surveys, and focus groups
- Improve the effectiveness of our website, products, services, and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
Prevention of Fraud and Other Harm
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business (e.g. product recalls)
- Assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.